22 February, 2009

Sometimes things happen that are well, kinda spooky.  A long time ago while people still used horses to travel in the USA and Alaska was not yet a state some people whose descendants would one day in the early 1980 s become my friends, received a letter from there relatives living in the  far off homeland of Germany I think.  This letter arrived in their post office with the only address on it being the persons name, the name of the city, and USA.  That was all it took, now had they lived in a common named city or a large city it may have never found them but as it happened they lived in a small town in Kansas which has the honor of probably being the only place on earth with that particular name it arrived.  Far-Out isnt it.

I always thought that was a rather quaint tail.  Well that is until last week.  Last week I received a letter here in Russia.  It was addressed to:
 "Siberia Tom and wife" 
Krasonyarsk Kray 
PO box #### 
Russia.  


Translated into American that is basically
"Siberia Tom and Wife" 
PO box ### 
midwest 
USA

Shades of Geroge Orwells world send shivers up my neck.  Who all know where I live???  Why do they Care??  

So what do you think......   Can the post office find you so easily??

1 comment:

Rita Loca said...

WOW,WOW!
I dont know if they could find me...