08 March, 2009

We must be off.

Hummm I was just reading a post from a friend whom was talking about the word verification screen on some blog comment pages.  Seems she gets distracted trying to make words or sentences from them and forgets she is posting a comment and keeps hitting enter to see the next page in the game.  I can see her now hovering over the screen waiting and then contemplating the puzzle searching for the encoded tidbit of wisdom hidden in it.   I wonder if there is a PC game out yet to captivate and reduce productivity of others with the same mental bent.
As for me, I tend to always understand things in the wrong context.  Recently in a meeting I was asked if we had a resolution on what had just been discusses.  Silly me, I replied 1o80 I.  I guess I enjoy puns.  Have you ever tired to use a pun in language cross lingually.  Like translate a joke based on a pun into another language.  Usually you will get a really blank look followed by the (there is a reason they call them STRANGErs) look.  My screen resolution answer yielded one from the meeting participants.
But math related jokes translate.  Like this 
Q: What is a chick after it is 6 months old?  
A: Seven months old.
Ok yes I know a 50 year old telling 3rd grade riddles is a bit STRANGE but they are still fun.  I guess I enjoy the blank stare from those around me.  Sanity is relative, isn't it?  
Oh yes back to being off.  Plans have changed and we will be moving soon again.  We will miss our Russian friends and coworkers.  We will miss our adopted city and all the trees, Snow, dogs, and the nip in the air that makes your cheeks firm and ears feel like they are on fire.
So I must be off, I will post again as we have interesting things to report.  Hopefully all will be positive in some aspect.

1 comment:

Rita Loca said...

Oh I wonder where you are headed. Will pray for you in the upcoming changes.
I know, I am mildly insane, or so I have been told.