12 February, 2009

Welcome aboard our Flight

Hey, have you ever flown?  You know in a real airliner, not one of those dependable little Bumble-Bees I work on.  Ok, ok, do you listen to the welcome Aboard Dream-air flight number 3332 from Inner-Podunk to Outer-Podunk tak-a-tak-a-tak-a ~~~ please note where the exits are ~~~ your life vest is under your seat~~~~~.  You know, "that part".  Do you pay attention to it?  Maybe you should, really, I mean, you should listen to it.  There can be some rather important news included.
Last week I had a conference in Turkey.  (It is really a tough life and Yes I am making the sacrifice to fill in as best I can.  I did spare Diana the hardship of this trip so she could enjoy February in Siberia at -40f/c while I toughed it out on the beach)  I thought that was the least I could do for her with Valentines-day coming up so quickly.  All that travel and nothing to do there on the beach but sit and go shopping and tour Antalya while I had meetings.  Nope, no fun for her there.

I like dogs so I thought I would include this pup just to cheer you up,  I can tell you were feeling sorry for me and I didn't want that feeling to get too strong, I mean I do appreciate it but really I can handle the stress of these hardship assignments as they only come along now and then.  
   Anyway back to the flight info announcement.  The background is important here so please bear with me.
    I left Turkey at about 15:50 arrived in Moscow about 19:55 and boarder my flight to Home about 00:45.  So along about 1:00 am the cabin crew is making the announcement relaying between Russian and English.  The lady doing the English part is not a native English speaker but her accent pronunciation and inflection are really good so I am kind of think wow I wish my Russian was as good as her English is and listening to the announcement but not as close as I could have been. 
 She does the seat belt part, the life vest part, the oxygen mask part, and then starts in on the legal part,  No smoking, no drinking your own booze and these laws are part of the XYZ code of federal aviation law in the Russian federation and if you are caught breaking any of these laws you will have to go to Church.
What a Country.
Amen 

2 comments:

Rita Loca said...

What I remember hearing for your co workers, was no smokin', no chewin', no spittin'!

Jackie said...

Church? Seeins as that I grew up (and may have actually been born) in a church, I now wonder what sort of awful crimes my parents may have committed, seeing as we spent so much time there.