04 May, 2009

Take out Pizza?

Several months ago I was having lunch with a friend from a Western European country.  One known for culinary stuff.  Coming from the heartland of Steak and potatoes I am somewhat ignorant of  such things.  Anyway I was enthralled as he showed the proper way to eat using a utensil in each hand while holding the fork with the manufacturer data showing rather than underneath.  He told us how his country men found the American habit of eating one handed cumbersome and inefficient not to mention downright humorous.  This was interesting watching the peas being rolled up the bottom of the fork to perch there without falling as they made the trip to their final resting place.  He then shaired a bit of humor regarding Americans refueling rather than eating, which struck me as sort of oxymoronic as he was the one eating with both hands to save time.

Anyway, regardless of that, they do have take out Pizza in Paris.  Who would have thought a frenchman would stoop to buying take out.  Maybe the starving artists don't have time to cook or cant afford both a fork and knife so cant get regular food off the plate.  I don't know.  I wonder if they deliver to Central Asia.  I could go for an American sausage, Canadian bacon, and extra cheese on a traditional hand tossed crust.

Keep your eyes on The Son
ST

No comments: